Winter Climbing Workshop – Ladakh 2022
Adventure Pulse is extremely excited to Invite you for the exclusive “WINTER CLIMBING WORKSHOP”. A one of its kind workshop conducted by two Everest Summiteers in the Majestic and Icy terrain of Ladakh. The aim of the workshop is to provide practical and theoretical knowledge of the two most important disciplines of mountaineering – Rock Climbing & Ice Climbing.
Interest and awareness in Mountain Climbing has recently increased amongst today’s Adventure enthusiasts. The ‘Winter Climbing Workshop’ is our endeavor to guide our ever growing Adventure Pulse family from High Altitude Treks to being part of Mountain Expeditions, to face the challenges of the terrain, the cold, high altitude and finally to experience the thrill of standing on the summit.
The Workshop is set in the beautiful landscape of Ladakh, located in the North of India. In the winter months, this cold desert provides some incredible features such as frozen waterfalls and iced ponds. The high altitude and subzero temperatures create a perfect simulation of conditions found in climbing expeditions, while the city of Leh also enables some comfort with availability of hotel accommodations and the opportunity to experience Ladakhi Culture in the off season.
DATES: 29th Jan to 5th February 2022
· On arrival at the Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, our team will receive you and have you transferred to the hotel in the city of Leh.
· Day One & Two – Physical Conditioning:- The first two days will be spent in your physical conditioning, assessing and evaluating your acclimatization to the sudden change in altitude and temperature. We would be doing some hikes around Leh to acclimatise better.
· Day Three & Four – Rock Climbing:- Climbing with boots, gloves and tools. Multi-Pitch basics – Anchors and Belay stations, following a leader, belaying a leader after leaving the ground.
· Day Five & Six – Ice Climbing:- Climbing on Ice in subzero temperatures practicing your newly acquired skills.
WHERE WILL I BE STAYING?
– You will be staying in a comfortable 3 star hotel in Leh on a Double sharing basis. The cost of stay & meals is included in the total cost.
HOW LONG IS THE WORKSHOP?
– 8 days/7 Nights – Leh to Leh.
WHAT WILL I BE LEARNING?
There would be a range of things:
– Introduction to Rock Climbing & equipment familiarization.
– Practical session on Rock Climbing & Rappelling – 2 days.
– Introduction to Ice Climbing & equipment familiarization.
– Practical session on Ice Climbing & Rappelling – 2 days.
– Basics of Ropes & Knots, Lessons on High Altitude Sickness and how to overcome it, Safety techniques etc.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY OWN EQUIPMENT?:
– You don’t need to bring any equipment. We would be hiring equipment for you, the price of which is already included in the cost.
WHAT KIND OF EXPERIENCE DO I NEED TO HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS WORKSHOP?
– No prior climbing experience is required to join this workshop. If you are reasonably fit and want to learn some new skills, you can join the workshop.
PLEASE NOTE: While prior technical skills such as advanced rock climbing, snow & ice-craft are not necessarily required as we aim to prepare and train you in these disciplines; good physical fitness is a must owing to the high altitude that compounds the challenging nature of this workshop. We strongly encourage participants to commit at least 60 to 75 days of physical preparation, it is imperative that people sign up as soon as possible as this will enable them to prepare sufficiently for the workshop.
Credentials of Adventure Pulse Team:
- Run by Everest Summiteers – Samir Patham & Sauraj Jhingan.
- Certified Basic & Advance Mountaineer Climbers.
- Expedition planning experience on Kang-Yatse, Island Peak, Mera Peak, Lobuche Peak, Tharkot and 3 Everest Expeditions.
- 100% safety record in all climbing & trekking expeditions.
- Winner of TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award 2020/21.
For more details and registrations contact us on: [email protected]